For those who are working in some sort of organization in the Unites states, encountering a labor law poster is not uncommon. However, many people ignore the importance of a labor law poster. These posters are publicly visible in many areas of the office premises and so most of the time they are not given due attention. Actually these 3 feet x 2 feet posters are pretty important. All the businesses in the country must display such labor law posters.
- One’s organization has no employees
- All of the workers are contract based or volunteers
- The ownership of business is family only
- Equal opportunity to the employees
- Minimum wage law (federal) 2009
- Employment & the Reemployment Rights Act
- Polygraph protection act
Also the rules vary widely from state to state. For example, if more than 10 % of your employees are native Spanish speakers then in some of the states like Texas, Arizona, California, Florida, and New York you must display labor law posters in both Spanish and English.